Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Excelsior Quote of the 24-Hour Period®

New Mexiken has his "Best Line of the Day", and it and every New Mexiken post is a worthy read. But right this second New Mexiken seems to be down, so I'm informally filling in...
“I guess Rush Limbaugh was busy, so they trotted out the next most popular member of the Republican cabal.”--White House Press Spokesperson Robert Gibbs on ex-Vice President Dick Cheney
Now that's some comedy right there. I can't even think about what Gibbs said without smiling. Plus, "cabal" is such a cool word. I suggest when times get tough today (and they most probably will) that everyone think back to this line. I know I will. Food tastes better and the air is sweeter immediately after repeating the line above. Honest.

Meanwhile, New Mexiken better come back soon. "Excelsior Quote of the 24-Hour Period®" just ain't cuttin' it. Registered Trademark or not.

P.S.: Oops. Looks like NewMexiKen isn't coming back. At least for a while. Thanks for the 15,000 posts, sir. You'll be missed.

No comments: