Sunday, November 11, 2007

Accordion Dreams Courtesy Guy Klucevsek


The only Klucevsek playing I could find at YouTube, here playing as music score to F.W. Murnau's "Faust.
I guess the "avant-garde" doesn't get quite the YouTube action of Miss Teen South Carolina.


For me, going to a show at the Outpost Performance Space is like hiking. I don't do it that often, and every time I get around to it I ask myself..."why don't you do this more often?"

Ah those psychological mysteries: What makes us strongest eventually kills us, we seek out what we wish to avoid, and we don't go to the Outpost enough.

Anyway, the Klucevsek show was great. Solo accordion and I got to sit 15 feet from his flying left hand as it prodded, probed and danced around the bass buttons like a romantic surgeon. It brought out all my old attempts at playing the instrument (two years of lessons around the turn of the Century), but without the horror-inducing trauma of the lessons themselves.

Of course I'm now planning on going to at least 15 more Outpost shows this season, a number sure to be reduced close to zero by reality. But, man, what a great show.

1 comment:

Accordion Videos and Links said...

You are right guy Klucevsek is great! Just check this: Accordionist Guy Klucevsek - Accordion Concert (video) He is my favourite accordionist :-)