Saturday, November 10, 2007

Where In the Political World Is Marty San Diego?

Okay, Coco is right. The crashing multi-year political fall of Martin Chavez is not that important. But at least it will be good for some laughs while watching the war between the U.S. and Iran get "out of hand". Now that I think about it, both Chavez and current U.S. foreign policy are all about hubris and fear (e.g., Chavez' warning that Tom Udall is too "liberal"). Marty would have fit in perfectly as a spokesperson in the Bush Administration. Especially at FEMA, what with the fake news conferences and all.

Meanwhile, Udall appears to be in the Senate race, and I'm celebrating by taking the highly geekified GPS out to the Sandias for a hike to the TWA Crash Site. And yes, it's somewhat of a muted celebration when one is going to a place where many people died. From what I hear though, it's very possible that my hiking buddy and I will be celebrating by getting lost, even with a GPS. Oh well, sometimes getting lost is all the fun.

And maybe if we're lost we'll find what's politically left of Marty Chavez out there (besides Tom Udall...sorry for the highly confusing pun-like reference).

P.S.: Waypoints for the Political Career of Martin Chavez 2007-2010

Nov. 2007: Udall announces he's running. Chavez has far too much hubris to switch to NM-1.
Primary 2008: Udall trounces Chavez like the New England Patriots playing New Mexico State.
Sometime 2008: Bill Richardson is appointed Secretary of Something by the Hilbamawards Administration. Denish appointed Governor.
Rest of 2008-2009: Chavez wanders the political Earth as increasingly distant ABQ mayor.
2009: With renewed hubris, Chavez recommits to taking on Diane Denish for Governor.
Primary 2010: Denish pummels Chavez like a Dollar Store pinata in the Gubernatorial primary.
Sometime in 2010: Chavez finally takes that job as FEMA Press Spokesperson in the Hilbamawards Administration.


P.P.S.: Did anybody else get that robo-poll last Thursday night about Udall, Chavez, Darren White and the rest of the cast of "Lost: New Mexico Politics 2008"? Interesting stuff, especially when the last question to me was: "If the New Mexico Congressional District Number One election was between Martin Chavez and Darren White, who would you select"? I'm serious...I stared at the phone keypad for about two minutes on that one.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, another mind blowing analysis, so unfortunate only 20 people will hit your blog to read it.

coco said...

Hits anonymous nerve, I'm guessing.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I got that email about the blogger call but I was working and couldn't attend.
I see there will be another one soon.
I wondered what would be asked, how many ppl would be on the line, and how to get some air time. It seemed very pretentious to me but my interest was piqued. I'm going to try to be on the next conference call. I'm not so sure I'm real happy about being on "the list", though. Implications are potentially far-reaching...
If Chavez takes that job in the Hilbamawards admin, can we insist he live in New Orleans?

;)

jscotkey said...

Natalie: Just to clarify...the call I'm talking about was an actual robo-poll (automated) with a bunch of questions on various candidates. I've yet to have been on "the list".

In similar news..."anon" the "only 20 people...read it" aspect of Burque Babble is just an accepted part of the deal here. You almost say it as if it's a bad thing. ..

Anonymous said...

keep up the good work. i like your story on chavez. i wont vote for him.

southern hispanic democrat

Anonymous said...

I got the poll too. It included Norman Assad (local fertility doctor, I think) and someone I hadn't heard of. Maybe they put in extra people to see who's faking the answers.

Doc Mara said...

Count me in as one of the 20 people. The few! The proud!

Anonymous said...

Just a shout out - also glad to be one of twenty - you should plug this story on 'NM n Focus' (and reach another twenty.....)

Maggie said...

I'm a proud member of the 20-tribe, too! Love this post, Scot. You've gotta photoshop your timeline with corresponding graphics.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I got the robocall too. It polled whether one wanted more Dist 1 candidates, then reeled off Ahmad Assad (sp?) some Melissa-Monica-Melody person, and Martin Chavez. Then all the possible face offs.

Anonymous said...

Count me among the 20, and I'v3e never been here before.

Yay Udall!! Actually someone to vote FOR statewide for the first time in, well, ok, David King, but that was the first time in years.....

Anonymous said...

I'm from IL and never been here before but thanks to the Daily Kos link, I'm loving it!

Keep up the great work!

Unknown said...

As bad as Chavez is, if you would vote for the psychotic right winger Darren White over Chavez, that's pretty dumb.

Anonymous said...

I got that poll, too. I had to think long and hard before I pressed Marty over PsychoBushie White. Talk about the lesser of two evils! Ewwwww!

Thank the gods that Marty is "too big" for Congress. Martin Heinrich will make a much better Congressman, anyway.

Anonymous said...

To the first anonymous... you read it! Ha! Marty's family seems to be writing in. By the way, not as successful as the whopping 90 people that logged on for Marty's town hall webaroo, so cutting edge, kinda like the red light ticketing cameras that were a smash...literally.

The polling calls must have come from the same organization that has been constantly leaving Kucinich off the list of Democratic candidates. Ahh the reliability of polls.