- The Seattle Times Twitters a highly contentious school board meeting that results in the closure of five public schools in the city;
- The Albuquerque Journal's Leslie Linthicum has a great idea to eat one of those infamous APS cheese sandwiches and the Journal videotapes/edits the experience (HT to John Fleck);
- And, the New York Times posts a slide show combining photos from a new production of "Hedda Gabbler" with, specially created/commissioned?, music by P.J. Harvey.
And speaking of finding stuff, it's always fun to look through Sitemeter and find Google search strings that, unfathomably, lead folks to your blog. Most popular search phrases recently have been trying to find information out on "Manny Aragon", "Instructional Coaches" and "Bad Teachers", but a few recent favorites include:
- "Where's a good place to find seafood cioppino in Dallas, Texas?"
- "Teachers fear trips", and, from Clackamas, Oregon:
- "Can a teacher be fired for swinging?"
Welcome bizarre people. Just be advised I, myself, can't swing because I get motion-sickness. Very easily.
Just so you know.
P.S.: Perhaps if the print media put more post labels for "swinging", "unorthodox sexual practice" and such on their new cool 'Net-integrated features newspaper could survive forever. It's an idea I'm sure the folks at the Journal, etc. had long, long, long ago.
P.P.S.: Btw, this is Post #650 for Burque Babble. What a semi-long, unorthodox trip it's been.
Have a good weekend everybody.