Monday, August 03, 2009

The New AYP Phone Book Is Here! The New AYP Phone Book is Here!

Well, almost here.

As noted by Nancy Tipton at ABQJournal.com, the New Mexico Public Education Department is having a 2:00 p.m. news conference to announce the release of 2009 Standards Based Assessment (i.e., testing) and tap dance around the bad news while overly gloating on the good.

You know, a press conference.

More important to the dweebier among us, the PED website has a spankin' new webpage this morning (suave silhouettes of kids in thoughtful, yet playful poses included) which, for now, solely tells us:
AYP 2009 will be available after 2pm on Monday, August 3, 2009
Like "AYP 2009" is the next "Star Wars" installment, and we're a bunch of uber-nerds who will stand outside the movie house for hours/days to be first in line when the movie/scores come out.

Sad to say, that analogy fits me to a very perfectly formed "T". I am already wearing my AYP helmet, and hold a plastic "light saber" with the words "Annual Measurable Outcomes" painted on it with White-Out. It's damn hard to type while holding a plastic "light saber", I can tell you.

More later. Remember, I'm first in line, even if I have to go to the bathroom.

P.S.: Edit...As "Results Day 2009" unfolded, I blabbed more and more about the whole thing. Those looking for a bit of "analysis" on it all can look here.

4 comments:

Evan said...

Are you going, Scot?

jscotkey said...

Evan: I'm guessing you refer to the press conference. Actually, the idea of going had not occurred to me.

And after thinking about your question a bit, I've put together a list of press conferences I would actually attend, especially if conducted in Santa Fe.

1. Earthly return of Christ/Mohammed/Honus Wagner/other deity sort of person.

Okay, that's the list. I can't think of any other situation in which I would willingly go to a Santa Fe press conference.

Evan said...

Actually, I only realized it was in Santa Fe a few minutes ago... whoops.

Anonymous said...

To me the kids at the top of the spiffy new PED web site look a bit like streetwalkers.

Bad web site, however. VERY hard to navigate!