Saturday, November 12, 2005

Odds and Sods

Doing a bit of link updating (could Blogger make that any more 1994 HTML-ish?) and a couple of newer web pages caught my eye:

You can hear a new Cat Power song. And when you can do that, you do it right now.

John Roderick and The Long Winters are like Death Cab without as much of the Cutie. He/they have a new EP called Ultimatum.

I finally got around to seeing Lilya 4-Ever the other day and I'm noticing that my penchant for unremittingly depressing film is waning. Maybe Von Trier ruined me, damn Scandanavians. Anyway, Lukas Moodysson has another Cronenberg-meets-Dogma '95 movie called A Hole In My Heart. It's been around for a while, but this is ABQ and I'm lazy. Reading this description of Moodysson's latest just makes me want to either kill myself or watch Dodgeball about 20 times without interruption. I'm turning into such a film wuss.

And oh yeah, if you want to see a good, upbeat Moodysson flick before he turned Von Trier on us, check out Together.

No comments: